UM is a place where current trends in Independent Band Promotion and Film/TV music placement/Licensing are discussed. We encourage Music business education and references to great indie music that needs to be heard.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Underground Mix --- The Vision


Hello there! For anyone who is following this blog my name is Devon DeVries. I own/operate/direct/manage Underground Mix... I feel it is time to lay out the refreshed vision of this company. It is very simple!!!

The vision of UM is to empower and equip the independent music community through education and film/tv licensing. We work closely with music users listening to their needs and resourcing them with exactly what they are looking for.

Working with strangers is tough...so let me introduce myself!!! I have a Bachelors of Commercial Music from Belmont University in Nashville, TN. Yes, my background is in performance... I understand creative thinking / songwriting / studio work etc. etc. I have an additional emphasis in Music Business from the same university. While in school I interned at ASCAP for a year. After graduation my now wife and I moved to Los Angeles where we lived for almost 6 years. While in LA I worked at Paramount Pictures. My first job was as low as you can get booking the scoring stage on the lot!!! Humbling but very cool too!! Amazing to watch a 102 piece orchestra dive into a score!!! Not long after this I moved over into the TV Music dept. doing clearance and licensing. After about 2 years there I began working for a British music company in LA pitching their music for Film/TV placement. This included the studios, ad agencies, post houses, gaming, industrial and anything and everything else in between that used music! It was right after this that Underground Mix was birthed.

I have a passion to see the independent music community learn to function in this business and NOT be taken advantage of in the process. If you are an indie band or artists you should send me your music to check out. You can go to http://underground-mix.com and at the bottom of the homepage there is a place to submit mp3's for review. I look forward to hearing from you!

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home